6.12 Like A Virgin (How To Train Your Dragon)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Sieht auf jeden Fall spannend aus. Aber es scheint eine Folge Sam!light zu werden, oder täusche ich mich? Vielleicht erwacht er doch eher als gedacht...

What the hell?! I mean, normal people, they see a monster, and they run. But not us, no, no, no, we -- we search out things that want to kill us. Yeah? Huh?
      Or eat us! You know who does that? Crazy people! We...are insane!
    • 7 Reasons to Get Excited for the New Supernatural

"The good news is that Supernatural finally returns this Friday with the first new episode of 2011. The better news (for me at least) is that I just watched an advance copy of the episode. The best news is that "Like a Virgin" is well worth the seven-week wait."

weiter lesen bei BuddyTV

What the hell?! I mean, normal people, they see a monster, and they run. But not us, no, no, no, we -- we search out things that want to kill us. Yeah? Huh?
    • EXTREME SPOILERISH! REVIEWS für die morgige Folge - also wer wissen will was abgeht liest, wer sich überraschen lassen will, lässt es bleiben!!!!

Review 1
      Spoiler anzeigen
      I got a pleasant surprise yesterday. For the first time this season, I had the honor of getting a special critic’s preview of a Supernatural episode. I saw in it’s entirety episode 6.12, “Like a Virgin.” After watching this episode twice, I couldn’t wait to get online and share details (okay teasers) about what I saw. Then, I started reading recent comments on this site…
      Pardon me before I get into the awesomeness that is “Supernatural,” but I can’t avoid being philosophical first. You see, these long Hellatuses really drive fans crazy. Tempers are flaring a bit right now. We get restless, overanalyze, start nitpicking and fighting, and tend to lose perspective. Sometimes fans decide they want to see this in a character or that in a story line and grow more outraged over what’s not happening and start building a platform to state their cases and eventually shout from rooftops “Oh why oh why won’t they listen to us!” Then, to make matters worse, there are those of us on the ground who end up shouting back, mostly in the attempt to talk people down from the roof, but it ends up being antagonistic. That naturally makes the rooftop dwellers madder since they think their opinions are being disrespected and mass insanity ensues. You may think I’m being overly absurd, but read some of the recent comments on this site. I’m actually being rational with that analogy.
      Anyway, fan behavior is not the point of this article. It’s to get excited about Friday’s upcoming episode, “Like A Virgin.” In the past with these special previews, I have usually squealed like a fan girl, jumping up and down, raving about the absolutely freaking awesome episode that is coming and you won’t be disappointed. However, if I’ve learned anything from season six, it’s that setting fan expectations too high is a dangerous thing. It’s clear that what I love is not what many others are going to love. So this time, I’ll speak from a more analytical perspective.
      I can honestly say, watching this episode felt like an old friend was back. It’s one of those hours that by the time it ended, I was shocked that the time passed so quickly. I was engaged from beginning to end. My advice in watching “Like A Virgin” is to sit back, relax, and enjoy this episode with no expectations. It comes out better that way. If you go in thinking “Dean should be like this and Sam should be like this and the brothers should be doing this” you might leave disappointed. “Like A Virgin” doesn’t follow a predictable path. This is a show about TWO brothers and two brothers you get in this one. Plus Bobby and Castiel. I see it as a win for everybody, but again, that’s my FWIW opinion.
      For those looking for teasers in bullet point form rather than a speech over how to watch the episode, well, how can I not accommodate? Here’s the quick highlights as I remember them...

Warning, it’s spoilery!
      - There’s a classic rock opening montage! I hope you all like classic Aerosmith.
      - About six or seven minutes in, I got pretty misty.
      - Dean starts to act like his old self, the first time we’ve seen him like this for a long time. He’s got his brother back and wants to believe all is right with the world again. He’s joking, acting confident, has many great lines (laugh out loud lines) and he’s the one that gives us the howlingly funny moment of the episode. I think that scene will stick with fans for a while.
      - Sam does come back but...let’s just say he’s got some adjusting to do. I won’t give too many details, but he at least does work with Dean well during the case and they have some fun moments. It’s not quite old times, but it’s the closest they’ve been in a while. There’s some funny brotherly teasing on both ends. One part that sticks out for me is when Sam turns on the puppy dog eyes to get someone to talk to them. Dean’s smile when he does that is priceless. (aww!!)
      - There’s an awesome brotherly talk in the Impala. It isn’t long, but it’s reminiscent of times past. Also, Phil Sgriccia, the director, does some really interesting shots in this scene.
      - So, Bobby is all forgive and forget with Sam, right? No, not by a long shot. He’s still really creeped out.
      - Castiel appears in two scenes and he’s not happy with Dean. Sam on the other hand, he’s more than willing to help.
      - The pop culture references are really good in this one. They certainly run with the dragon theme. I laughed out loud at a Harry Potter reference because a) I’m reading the books for the first time right now and b) Of all people it came from Bobby.
      - It’s back to good old fashioned research for this case. Clippings on the motel wall, John’s journal, looking up lore on the laptop, calls to Bobby...it’s all familiar (in a good way). BTW, the motel room is definitely one of the more outrageous ones.
      - The mythology takes a big turn. The ending is a must see and pretty much defines what’s coming for the rest of the season, maybe beyond. There’s a good reason the dragons have come back after 700 years.
      Source: TWFB

Review 2
      Spoiler anzeigen
      It's been an incredibly long hellatus for us poor Supernatural fans. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to get an advance look at the new episode that will be airing on January 28. I can't tell you a lot about the episode under pain of death, but there are a few things I can tease for you.

The first is that the sneak peek released by The CW (watch it here) confirms that Sam's soul has been returned. But what's the state of it? That's where the pain of death rears its ugly head. I can't tell you the answer, but I can tell you that you will most definitely have a newfound appreciation for how Jared Padalecki played Sam in the first half of season 6. The subtleties in his character go right back to the first moment we saw him in the season premiere. The interaction between the brothers now is very different from those we saw in the first half of the season.

And, oh, the comedy! I'll admit, despite the insanely hilarious episode "Clap Your Hands If You Believe", the first half of season 6 has been rather light on the combination of drama and physical comedy that Supernatural blends together so effectively. But this episode has it in spades, coupled with a lot of terrific one-liners and snappy comebacks (with a Comic Con reference!), and a scene with Dean that will make you laugh out loud. Basically, it's Dean versus a stone and it's much funnier than it sounds.

As for the case and the monster-of-the-week, it's interesting enough to keep you engaged. It's classic Supernatural, with glimpses at a scary creature and girls who need rescuing. But what's really important is that we learn a great deal more about the overarching mythology of season 6, as well as the new players in the game. In my midseason review, I wrote that I was concerned that the writers might simply drop the importance of Purgatory now that Crowley was dead and no longer searching for it. Shame on me for doubting the writers! Season 6 has been different from previous seasons, with not giving us most of the important mythological information in the first few episodes. So far it's been primarily hints: Purgatory, the alphas, etc. But it's all starting to come together. Obviously we don't have all of the information yet, but we're certainly given more than the teases we've glimpsed so far.

Fans of the now-deceased soap opera Passions will get a nice surprise. The actress who played Ivy Crane (sworn enemy of Teresa Lopez-Fitzgerald-Crane-Winthrop, a.k.a. the wife of Smallville's Justin Hartley) makes a guest appearance as a professor with some interesting information. She does awesome facial expressions and she's part of the aforementioned hilarious scene with Dean.

Castiel fans will also be pleased. He appears for a short time (though in more than one scene), but he plays a crucial role in the episode overall. I also suspect, with these new players that we're introduced to, that we'll be seeing more of Castiel in episodes to come.

As a final hint, Supernatural fans will be nothing but pleased with this episode. It really feels like the beginning of a new chapter within season 6 - but a chapter that feels very familiar at the same time.

Oh yeah, and we now have 100% confirmation that Sam has longer arms than Dean. Just in case you were dying to know.
      Source: tvovermind.zap2it.com
      LG angelinchains

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von angelinchains ()

• TWFB heißt The Winchester Family Business, eine inoffizielle, aber gut informierte Supernatural Fansite...

Jedenfalls hat mir speziell diese Review richtig Lust auf die neue Folge gemacht und beide haben gemeinsam, dass sie das 'alte' Supernatural wieder erkannt haben, dass die Charas tatsächlich wieder zu sich selbst finden. *seufz*

• Und wieder eine Review zu dieser Episode 'Supernatural's "Like A Virgin" is like watching for the very first time

Und hier eine Aufstellung sämtlicher bisher geposteten Reviews Supernatural - Episode 6.12 - Like a Virgin - Advance Reviews
      LG angelinchains

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von angelinchains ()

• Supernatural
      In der zweiten Hälfte der aktuellen Staffel sehen sich die beiden Winchester-Brüder Sam (Jared Padalecki) und Dean (Jensen Ackles) mit einem Gegenspieler von Lillith' Format konfrontiert. Einem Gegenspieler, der genauso furchteinflößend ist wie jener Dämon. In der nächsten Episode sieht sich Dean mit etwas ganz anderem konfrontiert: Dem Tagebuch eines Mädchens...

Source: serienjunkies.de
      LG angelinchains

• BrunetteNoel (via Twitter): Supernatural! SPOILER!!!!
      This Friday's episode of Supernatural (preempted from last Friday) is destined to be a classic installment of the series. We're not supposed to divulge too much about the Sam stuff, but we can tell you that the best of Dean and Sam's brother dynamic is in play. Despite that fact that he's now a huge scary Sasquatch, we saw a lot of season-one Sam in Jared Padalecki's performance. Oh, and the Dean stuff is high-larious, as it involves a fight with a large rock. God bless Jensen Ackles for being able to deliver the silliness as well as the one-single-perfect-tear sentiment.
      LG angelinchains

• So ich habe die Folge gesehen. Sie war super, es wurden meiner Meinung nach ziemlich viele Handlungsstränge für die Zukunft angelegt, die sich echt spannend entwickeln können!

Spoiler anzeigen
      Die Drachen sind fies und es sind mehrere. Dean ist offensichtliich nicht die Wiedergeburt von König Arthus, weil er das Schwert nicht aus dem Stein ziehen konnte. Der echte Drachentöter ist dann wohl Sam. Sam konnte sich an nichts erinnern, aber jetzt mit Seele kommt Cas auch wieder wenn er ihn ruft...

Und Bobby hat offensichtlich ein bewegteres Liebesleben gehabt als man ihm allgemein zugstanden hat. *:D*

"Jerk!" - "Bitch!"
      Ava and Sig thanks to sp-studio.de

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von metalamazon ()

• Feine Folge! Dean ist wieder der Alte und Sam wickelt wieder alle mit seinem Welpenblick um den Finger *gg* Schön, die beiden in alter Verbundenheit endlich wieder zusammen zu sehen.
      Mutter... da fällt mir prompt die Aussage vom Vampir-Alpha ein - auch Monster haben Mütter oder so ähnlich.
      Über Deans Kampf mit dem Stein hab ich mich schlapp gelacht. SO lächerlich und von Jensen so genial gespielt *lol1*